Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 1: Recap - Great Start!!





Hot metal bridge with Pittsburgh in the background.  Seriously, is there a better name for a bridge than Hot Metal?! 

Me and Jackson, Aunt Johnnie, Geneva and Mom dropping me off at Point State Park, the western most point on the Great Allegheny Passage. 


335 miles to ride but first....let me take a selfie!

Trail was super easy to locate

Rode 35 miles to the big metropolis of West Newton, PA. This is where I'm staying tonight, the Bright Morning Bed and Breakfast.  it's right on the trail....perfect!!!
So I met a cyclist on the trail who was riding from Pittsburgh to meet his family in Wst Newton to watch his father-in-law play music at a place called The Trailside tonight. He invited me to come listen. Live music, beer and food? I was all about that!
Killed a Reuben (not pictured) fries, some chips and chunky salsa as well as a couple Blue Moons! 
Brian Albig live on the patio...his mom even came out! 


Jim has a great family and we had a nice conversation. My newest friend!
Hi

Staying out past my bed time in West Newton, PA. 

Time to hit the sack!!! 



First 

No comments:

Post a Comment