Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day -3: Final Stages of Preps and Training

Well I've spent the last two + months training and getting ready for this ride.  The Great Allegheny Passage website calls it "The Ride of Your Life."  That sounds like a marketing hook that I would come up with!


Training started back in March.  On a couple occasions I rode the bike at the gym.  
But nothing replaces miles in the saddle.  I trained on the Tri-County Triangle Trail mostly. It got boring at times riding the same trail again and again but I needed to get my miles in.  Here I am one day in April heading back from Fayette County.
 Rain or shine, I made myself ride.  Here I am waiting out a storm in the tunnel underneath Veterans Parkway.  
Selfie with the Official GAP Jersey!  Yes, I'll be wearing this each day and I won't be washing it.  The end result should be a greasy, dirty mess - a beautiful reminder of all the effort it took to finish!
 Passing the point of no return in my training and preparations.  There is no turning back at this point.  Washington DC or Bust!

Captured a training ride on the Triangle Trail in Chillicothe one evening using my new Sony Action Cam.  I just love the fisheye lens!


No comments:

Post a Comment